Policy statement on business and ethical conduct
- Lawful and company policies standard of conduct : It is a policy of CIS to ensure that all employees are lawfully conducting themselves and act in compliance with the known laws and regulations of the countries in which CIS operates, as well as with the various policies issued by CIS Clients
- Business relationships : In any dealings with a supplier, customer, government official, or other person or entity, no officer or employee of the Company shall request, accept, or offer to give any significant thing of value, the purpose or result of which could be to influence the business relationships between the Company and such persons or entities.
- Political activities and contributions : CIS employees will not make or offer any gift, loan, favour, or special service with the intent to influence or affect the independent judgment of any government official.
- Company Resources and conflicts of interest : CIS’ property (including tangible property such as funds, premises, equipment and furnishings, as well as proprietary information such as customer lists, non-public financial information, business plans and forecasts, software and ideas for new products and services) is to be used solely for the benefit of the Company.
- Confidential Information : CIS’ Employees who have received or have access to confidential information (technical, commercial or financial) about CIS’ clients and others with whom CIS does business, should take care to keep this information confidential, unless required by the job or by law.
- Equal employment opportunity : All aspects of the CIS employment relationship - recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, termination, wage, training, etc - should be treated in a non-discriminatory manner, on the basis of skills and abilities only.
- Harassment in the workplace : Work place harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. The Corporation specifically prohibits any form of harassment by or toward employees, contractors, suppliers, or customers.
- Reporting : All incidents involving a non-compliance of this policy should be reported immediately to management.
Policy statement on substance abuse
It is the duty and policy of CIS to maintain a safe, healthy and productive working environment for all employees, contractors and any other individuals involved in its operations. CIS has a Zero Tolerance policy for persons either using or under influence of alcohol or illicit drugs in the work place, or when traveling to the work place. These individuals will be terminated from their employment immediately.
Possession, use, distribution, or sale of alcoholic alcohol or illicit drugs on company premises is strictly forbidden.
Policy statement on health - safety - environment
The single most important success factor for CIS is protecting the health and safety of all individuals who work on or are affected by project activities while currently maintaining the highest standards of environmental performance.
CIS is committed utilizing continuous improvement practices to achieve “Zero accident” performance. This commitment to excellence is demonstrated by operating in a first class manner that avoids or mitigates adverse health, safety and environmental impacts.
All levels of our organization will ensure commitments to health, safety and the environment are rigorously maintained. All workers will be required to comply with established policies and procedures. These policies have been developed to meet or exceed the legislative requirements.