SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPER
|Date: 14/02/2017||Internal reference: SA/SBD|
|Contrat Duration:||Experience: 5 à 10 ans|
|Zone: Afrique > Afrique du Sud|
|Function: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER|
Created in 1992, CIS has become a major force in the field of remote site catering and site services among major global oil & gas, mining, construction and civil engineering companies by developing industry leading expertise in its core business and combining hotel and catering services with other associated services (commissaries, recreation facilities, a comprehensive range of IT solutions for access control, data and infrastructure systems management, satellite TV, telecom, camp design, supply and erection, etc.).
CIS’ core mission is to offer the best possible living conditions for people working on remote sites throughout the world in difficult climatic, environmental and political conditions.
CIS has proven capabilities covering the entire supply chain for remote locations, in full compliance with the most rigorous standards and certifications for quality, hygiene and safety.
With a workforce of 12,000 employees worldwide, spread over 170 operating sites, CIS is also an active contributor to socio-economic development in the countries where it operates, recruiting and training personnel locally in its fields of specialty and implementing sustainable development initiatives for the betterment of our host communities.
Join us in one of more than 40 countries, including Algeria, Mauritania, Chad, Sierra Leone, DR Congo, Yemen, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and others.
CIS is hiring a Senior Business Developer to be based in South Africa, with frequent travel abroad in the Austral Africa Region.
- Initiate all appropriate sales and marketing actions directly (or through partnerships), proceeding from identified targets;
- Obtain sales contracts, taking charge of a sales project from its inception to its signature, and monitoring its progress in each phase.
Find, identify and qualify new opportunities and targets to prioritise in connection with the Group's strategy
- Keep a watch on all market developments (and in the mining and oil sectors as a priority);
- Monitor competitors;
- Attend trade fairs, conferences and any event that is likely to enhance your knowledge of the market;
- Work ahead of major calls to tender to set up a network of relations and have every asset you need to respond successfully to these calls to tender;
- Enter into contracts with qualified representatives of clients (main offices of groups, country heads, etc.).
Establish appropriate contacts to get the opportunity to make an offering (cold calling or by responding to a call to tender)
- Participate alongside Area Managers in preparing sales and marketing action plans in their area;
- Implement the canvassing and follow up the leads contacted;
- Provide assistance, at the Area Managers' request, in identifying and mapping relevant contacts (decision-makers, influencers), critical success factors, financial risks, overall stakes of each contract for the client;
- Make sure that CIS is properly indexed.
Business proposal building
Interact with the operational staff to design the most relevant technical and sales proposal, complying with CIS Quality standards
- Analyse the client's needs;
- Position the offering in terms of price;
- Ensure that the project will be profitable for the company;
- Step in when appropriate, to help select technical solutions and negotiate with the providers.
Business negotiation and proposal follow-up
Get contracts signed
- Negotiate with clients to determine the most suitable offering;
- Answer the questions asked by clients and convince them of the relevance of the technical and sales arguments;
- Participate in preparing clarifications and in conveying them to the client.
Developing the company's offering
- Enhance the credibility of the company's offering through your expertise in developing new products or in improving the existing line;
- Formally define the processes for responding to calls to tender;
- Develop partnerships and/or business agreements.
Advanced business training
Five years' experience in sales and marketing in the Catering and Multiservices fields; international experience.