|Date: 27/04/2017||Internal reference: BW/HO|
|Contrat Duration:||Experience: 2 à 5 ans|
|Zone: Europe > France|
Created in 1992, CIS has become a major force in the field of remote site catering and site services among major global oil & gas, mining, construction and civil engineering companies by developing industry leading expertise in its core business and combining hotel and catering services with other associated services (commissaries, recreation facilities, a comprehensive range of IT solutions for access control, data and infrastructure systems management, satellite TV, telecom, camp design, supply and erection, etc.).
CIS’ core mission is to offer the best possible living conditions for people working on remote sites throughout the world in difficult climatic, environmental and political conditions.
CIS has proven capabilities covering the entire supply chain for remote locations, in full compliance with the most rigorous standards and certifications for quality, hygiene and safety.
With a workforce of 12,000 employees worldwide, spread over 170 operating sites, CIS is also an active contributor to socio-economic development in the countries where it operates, recruiting and training personnel locally in its fields of specialty and implementing sustainable development initiatives for the betterment of our host communities.
Join us in one of more than 40 countries, including Algeria, Mauritania, Chad, Sierra Leone, DR Congo, Yemen, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and others.
CIS is hiring a Bid Writer for its head office in Marseille, France.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Part of the Sales Support team, the Bid Writer will be responsible for the writing and/or the coordination of proposals. His / her objective will be to make sure that all bid documentation is clear, concise and - crucially - compelling. The role will also require reviewing and editing previously written content, as well as producing written tender documentation and bid presentations.
- Careful reading of RFPs (requests for proposal) to determine proposal content by identifying clients’ requirements and needs
- Responsible for EOIs (expressions of interest) and pre-qualification communication with client
- Writing of the proposals
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for gathering information, writing, review, and approval
- Coordinating requirements with contributors
- Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers
- Preparing bid presentation with project team
- Improving proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be able to write effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure of tender deadlines. His / her ability to be a team member and to get accurate, high quality information from all bid stakeholders is essential.
- English native speaker
- Excellent writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Great communication skills and ability to coordinate actions under pressure
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- The candidate must be at ease with figures in order to facilitate interaction with the costing team. Good knowledge of Excel is required.
- graphic design & layout skills (on power point and other edition software)
- basic knowledge of French
- a third language would be a plus (Spanish, Portuguese, Russian…)
Experience & Education
- A first business experience is needed, even short, ideally in our business sector
- Bachelor in Business studies
- Candidates with a Language or Literary studies background are also welcome to apply